Monday, April 2, 2012

My motto...

I have a boat, and on my boat will only be people who lift me up and never try to sink it. There will be no one with negativity. NO ONE will be able to sink my boat, and I will tell the people that are there that I’m glad they are and the people who sink it will be eliminated immediately.
For the lord says in Proverbs 13:20…..
Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.

 That verse is so strong to me; the companion of fools will SUFFER harm... Does that not make you think? That's not saying that they will suffer, that is saying that YOU will suffer when you surround yourself with "fools". I’ve realized in high school and maturing that when I’m around people who party, or gossip somehow my name seemed to pop up somewhere. I use to let people talk to me about gossip, and by surrounding me by those fools it actually would cause more harm on me sometimes, dragging me down into an immature web of mean girls who had nothing better to do. Many times in the bible god talks about surrounding yourself with the wise and how the mercy of the wicked is cruel… Proverbs 12:10
I’m a young lady, and in college still trying to find myself but one thing is for sure that I WILL surround myself with people that make positive influences in my life. My motto in life was inspired by my Aunt Rhonda and Elevation Church in Charlotte. I carry a sinker around all the time now to remind myself that no one can sink me, for the strength and power of the cross live in me and no one can bring me down.  Some things that I have changed in my life, that you girls out there should to, were these things…

*Don’t surround yourself with gossip, get away from it. There has been so many times where I have been around friends and then they start on something that is none of their business to talka bout or judge. I eliminate myself right then and I walk away. I don’t want to hear about it and I don’t want to be influenced by that. Gossip is a nasty, cruel thing that sadly is a problem with young adults. This has seriously impacted my life. I can’t tell you how many messages I’ll get from girls saying..
“you are literally one of the nicest people I’ve met and you deserve any good that comes to you. Good things happen to good people. I just wanted you to know that so you don’t get discouraged by any jealous people you come about… you've always been such a good friend to me and never talked crap or anything like that. So thank you for that, you’re a real person and you’re an amazing friend to have”
 my friend Kandice said that to me yesterday on Facebook.
That’s the kind of person I want to be for my friends! And that’s the kind of friends that I will surround myself with. I’ve learned that my life has changed dramatically by changing my friends and being around people who love me for who I am and believe in the same things as me. I have such a great support system and I love all my friends!
1Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad Company ruins good morals.”
Remember that for me

* I also have a lot of respect for myself. I cloth myself with confidence and laugh at people who want to judge me. I don't care what people think about me.
Proverbs 31:25
She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.
God says that you should not judge many times in the bible. No one knows what others have went through, since when is it everyone right to judge others? You don't walk in their shoes, you don't know anything about them.

* I also have a relationship with God before I look for a man to fit my criteria. God puts people in your life's that he wants there. I've leaned that I want a relationship with a guy that has surrounded himself with faith that I have in my life. Don't be with someone who disrespects you, is rude, doesn't call you beautiful, talks to you and tries to understand your feelings and doesn't try to make you happy. The lord says that a husband should worship his wife, like he worships the church. Girls, you are a gift to any guy out there! Don't let anyone take advantage of you, hurt you or disrespect you. Put your faith in God and he will bring someone who is suppose to be in your life. You should be treated like a queen, a princess... all the time. no matter what, I have set my mind that I wont settle for less and neither should you. Also if you are in a relationship that isn't "easy" & it's constant upsets, tears, jealousy and no trust, get out. Don't think "oh things will get better". No they won't, gods clearly trying to show you that's not where he wants you and he's given you opportunities to open your eyes and realize that. He's not gonna make the relationship everything you've ever wanted if its not where he wants you...I've personally learned that, be treated like a queen girls :)
Putting your faith in God makes a dramatic change in you life...I promise you that things only get better when your faith becomes stronger and stronger. You can apply a "boat" in any kind of situation.. That's just 3 that I focus on. Go get a sinker, and think about my motto and let it become a part of your life as well!

1 comment:

  1. Shelby....I LOVE this!!! Your new motto fits you perfectly!!! I am so glad I had a chance to share the "boat /sinker" story with you while you were visiting! Seeing how you have taken this illustration to a whole new level makes me so proud of you!
    Once I heard Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church preach "Is Your Boat Better Off?http://bit.ly/FO4m3r ....this sermon completely redirected my life. When you came to visit, I felt it was necessary to share how this sermon had impacted my life. As Pastor Steven said, "everyone is on a "boat" in life...that boat is your family, your friend's, people you go to school with, people you work with, etc..." It is up to us to make our "boat's" better! No one wants to be a "sinker" of their own boat! PLUS it is imperative that we have NO "sinker/people" on our "boat's". I have some AMAZING friend's but those that choose to be mean spirited, negative and create drama...I have no room for them on my "boat"! The only people on my "boat" are those that make my "boat" better!!
    Shel-Belle...I'm glad you are on my "boat"!!!!!! I LOVE what you said, "for the strength and power of the cross live in me and no one can bring me down".
    I love you!!
    Aunt Rhonda

    ReplyDelete